Visiting Queensland and want to see it all? Scroll down for 50 things to do in Queensland to get you started for your ultimate Queensland adventure.
1. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
2. Hike Queensland’s highest mountain, Bartle Frere.
3. Climb Story Bridge Adventure Climb
4. Go whale watching
5. Go sand boarding at Moreton Bay Island
6. Discover the oldest tropical rainforest on Earth: the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area
7. Party at the Gold Coast’s Surfers Paradise
8. Swim in the vibrant blue of Cardwell Spa Pools
A great stop on a Cairns to Townsville road trip.
9. Experience the Undara Lava Tubes
10. Admire the rolling hills from Millaa Millaa Lookout on the Atherton Tablelands
11. Smell the roses at the Toowoomba Flower Festival
12. Catch a helicopter over the Great Barrier Reef
13. See a crocodile in the wild
14. Kayak in the ocean, the rivers and lakes (there’s a lot of places to kayak in Queensland!)
15. Pick your own strawberries at strawberry farms
16. Explore the caves at Chillagoe
17. Slide down the natural waterslide of Josephine Falls.
18. Admire Brisbane’s cityscape from Kangaroo Point Cliffs.
19. Drive the Cairns to Brisbane (or vice versa) road trip.
20. See the sunflowers in full bloom.
21. Scenic plane ride across the Hills Inlet in the Whitsundays
Learn about this experience here: Why You Should See The Whitsundays From Above: GSL Aviation
22. Find the Noosa Fairy Pools in Noosa National Park.
23. Enjoy sunset drinks at Howard Smith Wharves underneath Story Bridge
24. Travel on the Kuranda Scenic Railway
25. Visit the tip of Australia at Cape York
26. See koalas in the wild at Magnetic Island
27. See a freestanding natural pyramid
One of the best places to drone in Cairns.
28. Have a sunset picnic in the Scenic Rim.
Suggested read: Your Scenic Rim One Day Itinerary: Things to Do in the Scenic Rim.
29. Hang out with the kangaroos at Cape Hillsborough at sunrise
30. Learn the stories of the world’s oldest culture at Spirits of the Red Sand in the Gold Coast
31. Take a ranger guided tour at Skyrail Rainforest Cableway‘s Red Peak
32. Enjoy a helicopter ride across the Queensland outback
33. Take a tour through the Bundaberg Rum Distillery
34. Discover the castle ruins of Paronella Park.
35. Go shopping on Hastings Street in Noosa
36. Visit Cape Tribulation, where the rainforest meets the reef.
37. Hike the Glass House Mountains in the Sunshine Coast
38. Discover Serenity Falls tucked away in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast
39. See the sunset at North Stradbroke Island.
40. Visit the quaint village of Montville in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
41. Sleep on the Great Barrier Reef with Cruise Whitsundays Reef Sleep
42. Camp on Fraser Island
43. Climb to the top of Castle Hill in Townsville
44. Explore the prehistoric landscape of Tully Gorge.
Suggested read: How to Get to Tully Gorge in Cairns, Australia.
45. Cuddle a koala
46. Stand below one of the tallest waterfalls in Australia, Wallaman Falls
47. Explore Girraween National Park
48. Admire the view from the top of Windin Falls
Suggested read: How to get to Windin Falls.
49. Spot a cassowary, Australia’s dinosaur bird, in the wild.
50. Hang out at on a tropical island in the Great Barrier Reef
Happy exploring in Queensland!